Home Energy Rating System
We started certifying our homes with the HERS (Home Energy Rating System) Index more than a decade ago. The HERS Index assesses the energy efficiency of a home and assigns it a relative performance score.
The lower the HERS number, the more energy efficient the home. A typical resale home has a score of 130 and most new homes have a score of 100. A standard Trigon home has a score of 65. This means that your new Trigon home is 35% more efficient than other new homes!
Building a healthier, more energy efficient home is easy with the many green features standard in a Trigon home.
- Sealed Thermal Envelope: Prevents heat transfer between your home and the environment and eliminates drafts.
- High Performance Appliances: Energy Star appliances ensure lower utility costs
- Duct Work: Protected during construction to preserve air quality. Sealed to maximize comfort and efficiency.
- Faucets: Low Flow faucets tosave water.
- Advanced Framing Techniques: Conserves natural resources, reduces waste, and enhances structural performance.
- Roof overhangs: Helps prevent water intrusion into your home.
- Roof venting: Passive roof venting helps stabilize attic temperatures without added system costs.
- LED Lighting: Longer lasting bulbs that use less energy and save money.
- Low E Windows: Helps deflect and block UV sunlight, while Argon gas between the window panes helps insulate.
- Programmable Thermostats: Lower energy costs by having automatic settings for when you areat home and away.
- Go the extra step with options like tankless water heaters, foam insulation, solar panels, and more.