For the first year Trigon covers the systems of your home including the roofing, the plumbing, the heating and cooling, and the waterproofing. Manufacture warranties are passed directly to you and you will receive any applicable manuals at the time of settlement.
Examples of manufacture warranties include kitchen appliances, garage door openers, plumbing fixtures, heating and cooling equipment, and roofing materials.
We utilize the National Association of Home Buliders Residential Construction Performance Guidelines to ensure that all of our homes meet the best performance standards. Please refer to the booklet you received at contract for additional information and remediation.
Remember that the warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, lack of maintenance, alterations, acts of God, or secondary damages.
While we pride ourselves on building a low-maintenance home, no home is maintenance free. Regular inspection and maintenance of your home will preserve it, keep it functioning to the highest level, and may prevent more costly and time consuming repairs than if left unattended. Protecting your investment with routine maintenance will ensure a lifetime of performance and enjoyment. The lists below identify some of the more common maintenance tasks for your home. It is not all inclusive and you may need to add or subtract tasks to fit the features of your home. If any of the suggestions below conflict with the manufacturer’s directions, follow the guidelines given by the manufacture.
- Inspect exterior doors.
- Lubricate hinges and latches as needed.
- Adjust door or weather stripping as needed.
- Replace weather stripping if torn or damaged.
- Inspect exterior drainage.
- Ensure all underground drains (gutter drains, condensate drains, etc) are clear of obstruction.
- Check that the yard is free of standing puddles and water is able to flow away from the foundation.
- Inspect and touch-up caulked areas in the bathrooms and kitchens. (Countertops, shower pans, show doors, etc.)
What constitutes an emergency?
- A situation that threatens the safety of the homeowner. If your safety is in immediate danger call 911.
- Total electrical failure not due to local power outage.
- Major water leak that require water service to the entire home to be shut off.
- Gas leak that can’t be shut off immediately by you.
- Total loss of heat when the outside temperature is below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Total loss of air conditioning when the outside temperature is above 90 degrees.
- If you loose complete service of a utility (electricity, gas, water), check with your local utility company prior to making a claim. If you have a propane tank, check the fill level at the tank before making an claim.
What constitutes a non-emergency?
- Dripping plumbing fixtures or pipes. Turn off the value to the fixture that is dripping and clean up the water to prevent damage.
- Electrical failure to an outlet or appliance. Check the panel to be sure nothing needs to be reset. If the loss of power is in a kitchen, bath, garage, unfinished basement or exterior, check the small GFI reset button to make sure it has not been tripped.
- Appliance is not working. The warranty for this is handled by the manufacturer. Contact them directly.
For general warranty claims submit a service request in the form below. Please give a full description of the request including the location and when the issue was first observed.
The more information we receive on the issue, the more responsive we can be to your request. Upload any photos that may be helpful in depicting the issue.
Please remember that only requests made in writing can be serviced. Note: If your home is out of warranty or if the item in question is caused by lack of proper homeowner maintenance or misuse, you will be billed for all charges incurred by the service.
Submit a Warranty Request
Please complete the form below to submit a warranty request for your home. A Trigon Quality Assurance Representative will be in contact with next steps within 24 business hours.